Outpost Central provides a flexible user management model that allows you to configure user accesses with defined access permissions for your customers through the administration interface.
From the Sites page, your admin access provides you with the full list of sites in your organization. This include all sites including those sites assigned to Clients.
Access to sites can be managed through giving or restricting access by:
- Site - access to a specific site only
- Group - access to sites assigned within a group regardless of assigned client
- Client - access to sites assigned to a client
The user management tool provides you with easy means of allowing or restricting sites accessible by your clients. This is done by allocating your customer's user profile to defined user types during the user creation process.
Illustration and Examples
User Arthur Andrews is from company Company AAA which is a client of Outpost Customer Good Water Company. Arthur has 3 sites in his fleet and wishes to access all Company AAA sites.
Assign Arthur with following:
- Setup Company AAA as a client. See Managing Clients.
- Assign the 3 sites to client Company AAA and assigning them to Water Company AAA. See Configuring Sites.
- Create a user with Client user type for Arthur. See Managing Users.
Arthur now has access to the 3 sites assigned to the Company AAA. By giving Arthur client access, he will have access to all current and future sites that are assigned to Company AAA.
User Betty Brown is a consultant for you for Project XXX. Betty requires access to 3 of your sites - 2 of the sites belong to Company BBB whilst the third site belongs to you.
- Create a group called Project XXX. See Managing Groups.
- Assign the 3 sites to the group.
- Create user login with Group user type for Betty. See Managing Users.
Betty now has access to the 3 sites grouped to Project XXX.