You can set alarms for each of your configured inputs to send you an email or an SMS* if a specified event is triggered.
There are several types of alarms and their descriptions:
- Daily Total Volume - alarm by total of the day; only suitable for loggers that upload multiple times in a day (eg. COBRA2 series loggers).
- High/Low - alarm by a specific high or low input value.
- Minimum Night Flow - alarm if data between specified time is not equal to or lower than the specified value; useful for measuring leaks at night.
- Weekly Minimum Night Flow - alarm if data between the specified time for the last 7 days is not equal to or lower than the specified range; useful if some nights are expected to have data coming through
- Yesterday's Total Volume - similar to Daily Total Volume but for the previous day; useful for loggers that only upload once a day to ensure the alert measures the total data received from the day before.
- Last X Days' Total Volume - similar to Total Volume but for a specified number of days.
You can define alarm values as a rate - measured against the frequency of the data obtained.
Please note that the only real-time alarm is for the 'High/Low' alarm category and 'Value' must be selected for 'Reset Type'. This will wake up the modem and upload the data immediately to the server in order for the alarm to be sent with minimal delay
If a 'Time' based reset is selected on a 'High/Low' alarm or any other alarm type (Daily Total Volume, Minimum Night Flow, Weekly Minimum Night Flow, Yesterday's Total Volume, or Last x Day's Total Volume) is configured, the alarms will be sent at the time of the next scheduled upload, not immediately
The alarms are triggered only on events met as specified by the different conditions. Depending on the alarms required, some calculation may be required before setting up the alarms. See Setting Calculated Inputs for more details.