There are many soil types to which different calibration coefficients should be used. The calibration coefficients provided by Enviropro Dielectrics for 5 soil types are as follows and needs to be added to a Calculated Input type for each probe input. See Setting Inputs for more information.
Sand a = 8.00, b = 7.00
Sandy loam a = 9.30, b = 8.25
Loam a = 10.60, b = 9.50
Clayey loam a = 12.00, b = 11.25
Clay a = 13.40, b = 13.00
Entering Calibration Coefficients
- In the Sites page, click Sensor Config () for the site you wish to configure.
- A new Sensor Config window opens.
- A new Add Input window opens.
- A new Input Settings window opens.
- In the Input Settings tab, name the input appropriately.
- In the Calibration tab, enter the VB.NET code, substituting the coefficients and Input Name.
- Return ((a * System.Math.Log(Inputs.Input_Name))-b)