(Referenced from internal GD "IP68 Test Procedure and Record")
IP68 Test Procedure and Record
Design features to achieve intrinsic IP68 rating
- All electronics fully encapsulated by 3M 8882 potting compound, to a depth of at least 1mm
- Front label, comprising of integrated membrane button, hermetically sealed around its perimeter using 3M 300Lse adhesive
- Build a WASP2-3G-1FL datalogger as per the standard production process
- Confirm operational, and set to logging every 15min
- Submerge under 1.5m water for a period of 24hr.
- Remove, and initiate an upload cycle
- Unit has uploaded as per normal upload sequence
- All expected datapoints are present on the -1FL counter input
Name of tester = Chris Coutts
Date of Test = 13/07/2015
- While Wasp2 is submerged, signal strength was attenuated to a point where upload was impossible at the scheduled time. All data was correctly recorded though, and was able to be uploaded once the unit was removed from water.
WASP2 and COBRA2 dataloggers are confirmed as conforming to IP68 waterproofness rating, to a depth of 1.5m for 24hr.