The Decagon DS-2 is a rugged sonic anemometer that measures wind speed, wind direction and temperature (unshielded) to provide 6 outputs; Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Average Wind Speed (Meridional) m/s, Average Wind Speed (Zonal) m/s and Maximum Wind Gust m/s along with Air Temperature °C
It uses very little power and needs no calibration (see Decagon site for more details).
See below wiring on DS-2 end:
Refer to SDIM12 Connector wiring to connect the DS-2 to a Outpost logger SDI12 input.
- Click Config sensors () in the Tools column.
- The Sensor Config window opens.
- The Add Input dialog opens.
- Child input 0 = Wind Speed m/s
- Child input 1 = Wind Direction
- Child input 2 = Air Temperature °C
- Child input 3 = Average Wind Speed (Meridional) m/s
- Child input 4 = Average Wind Speed (Zonal) m/s
- Child input 5 = Maximum Wind Gust m/s
See Wind Speed calculation for more info.