Note : Outpost only uses A-coded M12s
Outpost Weather Station comprises:
- Decagon DS-2 Sonic Anemometer
- Decagon VP-4 Humidity, Barometric Pressure, Temperature and Vapour Pressure Sensor
- Davis tipping bucket rain gauge
- Optional 5 watt Solar panel
The Decagon DS-2 and Decagon VP-4 comes with a matching M12 connector and pre-configured to work with the Outpost COBRA2-3G-WS.
The Davis tipping bucket rain gauge and solar panel requires termination and setup.
Quick Start guide
- Attaching the sensors
- Adjust the length of the rain gauge cable as desired. Strip and terminate the red wire to pin 2 and the both the yellow and green cables together in to pin 4 on the M12 connector provided. The black wire is not connected. This should match up with the M12 of the COBRA2-3G-WS - see ENV connector wiring on the COBRA2-3G-WS.
- Connect the newly terminated rain gauge to the E cable of the COBRA2-3G-WS.
- Attached the Y splitter provided to the S cable of the COBRA2-3G-WS. Connect the VP-4 and DS-2 sensors to the Y splitter via their M12 connectors.
- Connect the solar panel to the smaller M8 connector for power supply.
- Activate the unit